Chapter History

 

San Clemente Island Chapter, NSDAR, was organized September 10, 1958.  Mrs. William Houghton was the chapter's first regent.  The chapter's name was chosen because of proximity to San Clemente Island.  Most members are from South Orange County cites of San Clemente, Dana Point, San Juan Capistrano, Laguna Niguel; however, some members are from other areas, as well.  Local residency is not a requirement for membership in any chapter.